Get loud, Friday 19 October 2012
Friday 19 October 2012 is time to get seriously loud.
Fish out your flashiest frock, or dig out that awesome Hawaiian shirt you’ve been hiding in your wardrobe and get it on!
Loud Shirt Day is the day you wear something really, (and I mean really) loud to help give deaf children the gift of sound. Whether you fancy stripes, florals, polka dots or paisley, as long as its got colour and pizzazz, it will be perfect for Loud Shirt Day.
Get your friends to sponsor you – or pay for the privilege, by making a donation.
Or register to host your own Loud Shirt Day
Gather your workplace, school or club mates together and make it fun. Try a morning tea and impromptu fashion parade. Give a prize for the loudest outfit. Or go glamorous but gaudy and get out your best and brightest dress or outfit and show it off to your friends.
Psssst … if Friday 19 October 2012 doesn’t suit you, any date in October will do.
You don’t have to be noisy to be loud – ideas for Loud Shirt Day
- Hottest Hawaiian shirt – give them a pizza voucher for a prize (Hawaiian with hot chilli?)
- Vampy vintage – been dying for a chance to show off your gorgeous vintage?
- Flashiest frock – any excuse to wear one (don’t hold back boys)
- Most embarrassing shirt ever – dare them to wear it for the whole day at work
- How much leopard print can you get in one room? (Dare you to go out for lunch together).
- If you work with some muscly men – how about the tightest, brightest T-shirt competition?
- Why wait for Cup Day to go elegant – how good can you look in fluoro?
If you’re hosting, ask for a donation and get people to bring a plate. Or throw on a sausage sizzle. It’s easy and fun. Your employer might even match your donations if you ask. But don’t miss out on the fashion parade so everyone gets to show off.